Prior to writing out any manner of a business plan, it is in your best interests to think about trying to put yourself in the shoes of any investors and then try to imagine just what an investor might possibly be looking for when going over your business plan.
Of course and beyond any doubt, any potential investor will wish to see all of the details about the proposed business, especially in things such as the sort of business, the location, business structure, and markets covered.
Don’t Forget to Remember
- That every single investor is someone who will not be putting any of their hard earned cash upfront without some considerate aforethought.
And going beyond that, there are some other various major areas which investors will be focussing on. And whilst there are particular factors which may indeed differ depending on the kind of investor, such as:
- The proposed and necessary required amount of funding
- The nature of the business
There are yet even more things which investors will be wishing to look into.
Let’s Take Some Time to have a Look at Them
- All investors will want to know exactly who you are and want to know all about your background and experiences in the business and industry world (And that of your management team)
- If you do the research you will find that a lot of smaller businesses never get up off of the ground due to certain weaknesses in their management team.
- You will have to be prepared to clearly show them that right now out there on the market, that there is a real need for your product or service and along with that a large enough market potential to make all of the investment worthy and advantageous.
There are absolutely no investors on this big wide world that wishes to invest in any kind of small ideas, which don’t have much of a chance of working out successfully. So, that is why you will now have to do your very best and explain and show to them the potential to be a really big success
Right now there are great business opportunities with Abu Dhabi property investment, where the future does indeed look attractive and unique.
Getting Your Product Across in a Positive and Creative Manner
- Indeed, your service or product just might be very interesting and special, but you will still have to clearly display and show that you are well knowledgeable of all of your demographics, and can go on to reach your target market in a definite and positive forward moving direction.
- The methods for pricing and sales will all have to be clearly described in detail and fully in line with industry norms.
- It goes without saying that naturally all of the investors will wish to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and have done some thorough research into all of your competition.
- And, then they will certainly also go on to ask you to show how you are going to be able to contend with any competitors out there and highlight yourself.
- So you must be ready to clearly display to them exactly what it is that will give you the leading edge over others and how do you intend to keep it.
If you’ve Already Done All of the Homework, Then Make Sure to Display it along with your Product or Service Confidently
Naturally, all of the investors will wish to see a return on any kind of investment, which therefore means that they will want to have a look at pragmatic financial projections.
These will have to clearly display how long it will take to bring about any kind of a profit, and for them to be fully reimbursed for their investment.
- Make fully sure that your plan has every single piece of information that the investors will more than likely want to take a look at, and place it somewhere not too far away where it will easy to find and pull up.
Unfortunately, More Than a Few Would-be Investment Plans Attempt to Bury or Plain Ignore Investors’ Natural Concerns.
Yes, indeed and as amazing as it sounds, they somehow believe that investors are the type of people who will gamble and take big chances.
With regard to investors’ natural concerns, they would be somewhere along the lines of:
- Exactly how much cash is going to be required and also with regards to ownership, how much do you yourself expect to provide.
- You will also be more than likely asked to display the precise valuation of your intended for business.
- And if it is then decided that your valuation will probably be unworkable, you and your product or service will not be deemed credible.
- There will be the question of why do you need the funds in the first place?
- Any investor wants to invest his or her money in matters of future growth, so always be ready to clearly show how and where the funds will be put to use.
- Will there happen to be anybody else involved? Any partners? And if the answer to that is in the affirmative, to what extent?
- You will have to provide all of the details of things such as founder shares, employee options, and investor shares.
- How are they going to be able to get their finances back? They more than likely won’t really care too much about long-term business health, and they will certainly be wanting to see an exit strategy.
And that should be about all there is to it! If you take your time and do all of the required homework, making everything as lucid as possible, everything should go just fine.
Make sure that every single part of your business plan is covered and you’re confident enough to answer any questions that an investor might have and just stay realistic. Good luck!